Placing an Order:
- Do you charge Sales Tax?
- What credit cards do you accept? In what currency?
- Can I pay for my order in installments?
- How are refunds processed with Afterpay?
- What if I have questions about my installments and Afterpay account?
- I placed an order but did not receive any confirmation email. Did it go through?
- Do you offer in-store pickup?
- Can I combine promo codes?
- Can I use promo codes on gift cards?
- Do you offer gift wrap?
- Do you offer gift cards?
- How do I redeem a Gift Card?
- How much is shipping to my address?
- What expedited shipping services do you provide?
- Do I need to create an account to place an online order?
- How soon will I get my order?
- I have not received the package, but tracking shows it is delivered?
About our Products:
- What sizes would the kimono robes fit?
- How do I remove creases from the kimono robes?
- How should I clean the kimono robes?
About KIM+ONO Store:
- Where is the store located?
- How can I return KIM+ONO store orders?
- I bought a kimono at the store, but I notice something wrong with it now that I'm home. What should I do?
- Can I order store items online?
- I'm an influencer, how can I partner with you?
- Do you offer bulk discount?
- How can I get in touch with you?
PLACING AN ORDER
Do you charge Sales Tax?
Yes, we are required to collect sales tax for deliveries within the State of California. Out of state or international orders will not incur any Sales Tax.
What credit cards do you accept? In what currency?
We’re happy to accept all major credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB. You can also pay using PayPal.
All transactions are processed in U.S. Dollars, but please feel free to change the store view to display other currencies while shopping.
Can I pay for my order in installments?
Yes! You can use Afterpay to pay for your purchase in four interest-free installments every two weeks. Simply select "Installments by Afterpay" as your payment method, add your card information, and complete your checkout.
How are refunds processed with Afterpay?
For full refunds, Afterpay will automatically cancel the customer’s payment schedule so that the customer is no longer charged for the order. If the customer has made any payments Afterpay will process a refund back to their card. For partial refunds, Afterpay will automatically update the customer’s payment schedule by reducing the installments or processing a refund back to customer’s card where required.
What if I have questions about my installments and Afterpay account?
If you have any questions about installments, the Afterpay team can help you! Please visit their help center here or call Shopper Support at 855-289-6014 Monday through Friday 7:00AM – 5:00PM (PST) and Saturday 7:00AM – 3:00PM (PST).
I placed an order but did not receive any confirmation email. Did it go through?
If you did not receive an Order Confirmation email and you are certain that you entered a valid email address during checkout, you may want to check your SPAM mailbox first. If you did not reach an Order Confirmation/Status page after checkout, there is a high likelihood that your order was not processed. Before you place a new order, contact us to confirm whether or not the first order went through. We recommend creating an account with us so that you can log in to keep track of your orders.
Do you offer in-store pickup?
Yes! We are now offering in-store pickup for your convenience. You can now order at the comfort of your own home and come pick it up at the KIM+ONO store. Follow these simple steps:
- Order your kimono online
- Select in-store pickup at checkout
- Bring your picture ID and confirmation email to pick up
- Swing by 729 Grant to pick up your order
You can check our In-Store Pickup information page for even more details!
Can I combine promo codes?
You cannot use more than one promo code at a time. However, you are able to use a promo code plus take advantage of our Free Shipping for qualifying orders if the promo code does not drop the final price below the qualifying order amount.
Can I use promo codes on gift cards?
No, promo codes cannot be applied when purchasing gift cards.
Do you offer gift wrap?
We offer both Gift Message and Gift Wrap Supplies, but not Gift Wrap Service at this time.
With our free Gift Message option, you can include a personalized gift message in your order. On the Shopping Cart page (before checkout), select "Gift Message" under Gifting Options and enter your special message. It will be printed on the packing slip for the recipient to see. Pricing is not shown on our packing slips, so it can double as a gift reciept!
With our Gift Wrap Supplies option, you can order up to 5 sets of supplies so that you can quickly wrap up your gifts as soon as they arrive. You can also write special messages on the beautiful KIM+ONO notecard.
Do you offer giftcards?
Our KIM+ONO Giftcard can be purchased in denominations of $50, $75, $100, $150 and $200. They are digital giftcards and are delivered via email. You can redeem them online only at kimandono.com. They are not valid at our brick and mortar store. Giftcards may not be used to purchase another gift card.
Giftcards are Final Sale items and thus cannot be returned for refund or exchange unless required by law. KIM+ONO is not responsible for lost or stolen giftcards. There is no sales tax on Giftcards.
How do I redeem a Gift Card?
If you have received a KIM+ONO Giftcard, you can redeem it during checkout. Simply enter the code in the "Coupon Code / Promotional Code" section and click "Apply". Your order total will be adjusted accordingly. Purchases will be deducted from the Gift Card value until the balance reaches zero. If your order total exceeds the amount of your Gift Card, your account will be charged the outstanding balance.
How much is shipping to my address?
For shipping estimate, please add item(s) to your cart, head to the cart page, then enter details according to your destination address under "Get shipping estimates" and click “Calculate Shipping”.
You will get the actual shipping cost for your order during checkout, before submitting payment information and completing the order, as well.
What expedited shipping services do you provide?
We offer Two-Day and One-Day Shipping as expedited options within the United States. For more details on different shipping services/options, please review our Shipping Policy.
Do we offer free international shipping?
We offer free international shipping worldwide. How to redeem.
- Click on the country flag at the top of our website and select shipping country.
- Click "SAVE" to view the order total that will qualify for FREE international shipping.
- Add products totaling more than the amount displayed
- Select FREE under Shipping Method at checkout**
- Delivery Time depends on destination and details will be displayed at checkout
**Free International Shipping does not include customs duties & taxes, which are charged for importing products into destination countries. Our shipping partner allows the option to pay for that upfront during checkout or you can opt to pay for it upon delivery. For more information on customs charges, view our full Shipping Policy for details.
Do I need to create an account to place an online order?
No, you can place an online order without creating an account. The advantage of creating an account is that it makes the checkout process much faster for future purchases and allows you to view any pending or completed orders. We do NOT share your information within your account with third parties.
How soon will I get my order?
Orders are generally processed within 2 business days of purchase. Delivery depends on the selected shipping method. For more details on Estimated Delivery Times, please review our Shipping Policy.
I have not received the package, but tracking shows it is delivered?
If the tracking status shows the package as delivered, wait 36 hours before contacting us to investigate. In rare cases, packages may be marked delivered up to 36 hours prior to arrival. After that time, we’re happy to help open an investigation on your behalf.
For all return-related questions, please see our full Return Policy for details.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
What sizes would the kimono robes fit?
Most of our Kimono Robes come in "One Size", with easy-to-adjust removable wrap sash and tie closures. Our Lace Collection comes in S/L sizing. For all of our robes, you can review detailed measurements on each product page for individual fit. Having your exact measurements is the best way to determine how well the kimonos will fit. If you have specific questions about the fit of an item, please contact us.
How do I remove creases from the kimono robes?
We recommend either steaming or ironing the fabric inside out on warm setting with a white towel over the kimono. Avoid holding the steamer or iron in one spot for too long to prevent scorching.
How should I clean the kimono robes?
Laundering instructions are listed on each kimono robe's product page, as well as on the robes themselves, so please be sure to check the details for specific instructions. Here is the general guideline for some of our kimono robes:
- For our Silk Handpainted Collection, we recommend dry cleaning to ensure that the fabric and paint are preserved as perfectly as possible. Hand washing is not recommended as there is a possibility the silk will lose its color.
- Our Silk Printed Collection is best maintained through dry cleaning to protect the silk fabric. Hand washing might affect the coloring of the kimono robe, therefore is not recommended.
- Our Washable Silk Collection can be machine washed in cold water on a gentle/delicate cycle and either hung or tumble dried on gentle/cold air cycle. However, the best laundering method to maintain the integrity of the silk fabric and color intensity is still through dry cleaning.
- Our Charmeuse Collection can either be hand-washed cold or machine washed cold in gentle/delicate cycle, then hung dry or tumble dried on gentle/cold air cycle. Dry cleaning is always best for fabric preservation.
- Our In Lieu of Silk Collection is best maintained with TLC. Dry cleaning is our recommendation for this material to retain its breathable, lightweight durability.
ABOUT KIM+ONO STORE
Where is the store located?
You can find our KIM+ONO store at 729 Grant Street in San Francisco Chinatown (California). Stop in and say hi, we’d love to meet you!
How can I return KIM+ONO store orders?
You are welcome to return your order to our KIM+ONO store within 30 days of your original purchase. Please bring your return in its original condition, with the original packaging, tags and accessories. You will also need to bring a copy of the store receipt to complete the return. If you don't live locally and can't bring your return package to the store, simply ship any undamaged, unworn items to our store along with a copy of the receipt.
If you'd like to make an exchange, simply follow the above directions for making a return and then you're welcome to place a new order online at any time!
I bought a kimono at the store, but I notice something wrong with it now that I'm home. What should I do?
If you notice any issue with your kimono robe from our store, please email us within one week of purchase with the copy of your receipt and photo of the defect. We may need you to return the defective item, so always keep the tags and accessories. Depending on each case, we are happy to replace or refund any unworn items in their original condition with the original packaging, tags and accessories.
Can I order store items online?
While we do not have store items available online, please feel free to contact us for more information if there's something in particular you'd like to purchase.
I'm an influencer, how can I partner with you?
Thanks so much for considering our brand! We are currently accepting influencer applications here. Please fill this out with information about you and the kind of collaboration you’re seeking, and we’ll get back to you if it’s a good fit!
Do you offer bulk discounts?
We only offer bulk discount for orders of at least 50 pieces per style (you are able to vary the length and color within that style), subject to product availability. If this is what you need, fill out your contact information and the item name(s) and quantity here and we will review your request.
How can I get in touch with you?
Email is the best way to communicate with us.
If you want to leave us a voicemail, you can call 415.938.4589. Be sure to give us an email address so that we can get back to you in a timely manner.
Have more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org