Kate Ogata is one of our favorite local San Francisco bloggers. She helped us ring in the opening of our brick and mortar kimono store in Chinatown and her style is always an inspiration. Her outfits are always effortlessly fun while redefining the new classics. We couldn’t love her more and this week, as we truly head into fall and feel a desire for rejuvenation, we wanted to share with you some of her beauty tips for a quick refresh:
Since I’ve started to work from home, my beauty routine has shifted and I’ve been searching for products that feel lightweight on my skin, yet also Zoom-ready. I’m slowly incorporating new items into my daily regime but still relying on my tried-and-trues like this Benefit eyebrow pencil and peach-scented blush. I picked up a few beauty counter essentials during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (now through 8/30)—here are some initial thoughts on the new and a few of my current go-to’s!
New beauty favorites:
- Nars Duo Eyeshadow in St-Paul-De-Vence: A dusty mauve, taupe duo—great neutral for everyday.
- Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in Torrid: Super glossy, slightly tinted.
- Nars Smooth & Protect Primer SPF 50: Mattifies and doesn’t have that strong SPF smell. This will be a go-to for longer days under the sun.
- Smashbox The Cali Contour Kit: All-in-one bronzer and blush set — a few tints to play with for the perfect look.
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Replenishing Hydrator: Lightweight, non-greasy, and absorbs quickly.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Eye 96-Hour Hydro Filler Concentrate: Super moisturizing and leaves my skin feel soft. A little goes a long way!
Old beauty favorites:
- Bare Minerals Perfecting Veil Finish: I’ve been using this for years—controls shines and provides coverage.
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Eyebrow Pencil in Medium/Neutral: I use this to detail my brows—like under the brow line to create dimension from my lids.
- Briogeo Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner: Smells sooo good and nice for a deep clean. For an Anniversary Exclusive, Briogeo created the limited edition All-Star Hair Hero Set.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 4.25 Light/Neutral: This feels more lightweight than Double Wear and still provides a decent amount of coverage.
- Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Powder Compact: This is the last thing I use in my beauty routine—I touch up any areas that need a little “blurring.”
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Cream: Moisturizing and leaves skin matte.
- Laura Mercier Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer: Gives skin a nice base for makeup application.
- Laura Mercier Purifying Micellar Water: I use this to take off my makeup — it leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized. This will definitely be a vanity staple.
- Malin + Geotz Eucalyptus Deodorant: The only deodorant I’ll use! Fresh scent and goes on clean. Plus, this Beauty Exclusive comes with a mini size.
- Nars #44 Precision Contour Brush: Small and precise bristles. I use it on my creases and bottom lash line.
- Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach Blush: Adds a shimmery, peach glow — it also smells delicious 😉
For more about Kate, head over to Fancy Pants Report and follow along. And to shop her KIM+ONO kimono robe look, check out the Silk Kiku Kimono Robe she’s wearing in the above photos.